TrashSim and OGotcha shutting down

• Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about the future of my tools a lot lately and I have decided to shut them down.

It takes me a lot of effort to write this post and it's a bit painful, but I believe this is the best decision for myself and the community.

I could write a book about why I'm taking this decision, but long story short, the main reason is because I don't have time anymore to take care of them.

There are other reasons that drained my energy and enthusiasm, but ain't gonna write them down again.

So it's better to stop and hope someone else can continue my work in the best interest of the community.

These are my babies and learned me a lot about coding, it's a hard decision.

The tools will keep running until the end of January 2023, so about 2 months.

Afterwards, I'll shutdown the server, which will cause the tools to become unavailable.

I am open for someone to take over the tools, one of them is also fine.

This concerns OGotcha and TrashSim. My extension UniverseView is still under my command.

I will only accept people that come recommended by others, preferably teamlers.

If nothing good comes out of it I will be making them opensource by publishing the code on Github.

I ain't going to take them to my grave, that'd be sad and hopefully someone can take them to the next level.

Share the knowledge, I haven't spend all those hours building them to see them go up into oblivion!

There's also a lot of people to thank, numerous teamlers and other tool developers, you'll know if you're one of them ;)

Thanks a lot for all the time you've spent searching for problems with me and for helping me tackle the undocumented simulation formula!

Warsaalk out!

Cya in another galaxy.

• good luck in real life man

thanks for all the hours youve put into it!

and now im repeating myself but here it might get the right traction

Gameforge..take over the project(s) and tweak the sim (and converter) for v9 - lifeform techs

dont miss this opportunity, cuz if the simluator dies, ogame will really be unplayable